Last updated October 19, 2018
The Site is not intended for children under the age of 13 and we do not knowingly collect or distribute information from or about children under 13. If you are under the age of 13, please do not use the Site.
Information Collection and Use
Smile Health Dental Plans collects personal information when you use Smile Health Dental Plans products or services, when you visit the Site or the pages of certain Smile Health Dental Plans advertisers, affiliates or publishers, when you fill out our contact form or otherwise contact us, and when you enter promotions or sweepstakes. Smile Health Dental Plans may also combine information about you that we have with information that we obtain from advertisers or other companies.
Smile Health Dental Plans may automatically collect information about you and your computer when you use the Site, such as your computer operating system type, browser type, browser language, the websites you visited before using the Site, the pages on the Site you viewed, how long you spent on each page, and information about your actions on these pages.
We use the information we automatically collect to help us evaluate and improve the Site.
We may also use third-party services such as Google Analytics to gather and analyze information about our users. The information collected as part of this process will not include personal information such as your name, email address, physical address or phone number. Google gives users the ability to opt out of its data gathering; more information can be found at https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/181881?hl=en and https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
If you access the Site through a mobile device, we may collect information such as your mobile device’s UDID and/or other persistent identifiers and different types of information about your location, including specific location information (e.g., GPS data), and your interaction with the Site. If you do not want your device to provide us with location-tracking information, you can disable the GPS or other location-tracking functions on your device, if your device gives you that option.
Smile Health Dental Plans uses your information to:
- Operate, maintain, develop and improve the Site and other products and services
- Enable you to access and use certain features of the Site
- Respond to comments and questions and otherwise provide customer service
- Customize the advertising and content you see
- Send you email and postal mail marketing communications or otherwise contact you
- Fulfill your requests for products and services
- Provide anonymous reporting for internal and external clients
- Investigate and/or protect against unauthorized or illegal activity
- If you want to unsubscribe from marketing email and postal mail communications, please follow the instructions in the email, postal mail or let us know via the Contact Us submission form.
Information Sharing and Disclosure
Smile Health Dental Plans does not rent, sell, or share personally identifiable information about you with nonaffiliated individuals or companies except under the following circumstances:
- where it is necessary to provide the information to acquire the products or services that you've requested and where we have your permission to do so;
- we provide the information to Wellfit such that it may provide services in connection with the plans offered via the Site;
- we provide the information to nonaffiliated individuals or companies under confidentiality agreements for the purpose of allowing them to use your personal information to help Smile Health Dental Plans communicate with you or others about offers from Smile Health Dental Plans and/or our marketing partners, however, these companies do not have any independent right to share this information or to use this information for any purpose not consistent with the limited use identified above;
- we provide the information to nonaffiliated individuals or companies under confidentiality agreements for the purpose of allowing them to use your personal information to assist Smile Health Dental Plans in understanding user behavior to better tailor our product offerings;
- we also share your personally identifiable information in response to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process, and/or to establish and/or exercise our legal rights and/or to defend against legal claims, and we will also share your information at such times and under such circumstances that we determine, in our sole discretion, that it is necessary to share the information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of the Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law; or
Additionally, Smile Health Dental Plans may display targeted advertisements based on personal information. Advertisers (including ad serving companies) may assume that people who interact with, view, or click on targeted ads meet their targeting criteria - for example, women ages 18-24 from a particular geographic area. Smile Health Dental Plans does not provide any personal information to the advertiser when you interact with or view a targeted ad. However, by interacting with or viewing an ad, you are consenting to the possibility that the advertiser will make the assumption that you meet the targeting criteria used to display the ad. Smile Health Dental Plans advertisers may include financial service providers (such as banks, insurance agents, stock brokers and mortgage lenders) and non-financial companies (such as stores, airlines, and software companies).
Smile Health Dental Plans may set and access Site cookies on your computer. Advertisers or other companies do not have access to Site cookies. Smile Health Dental Plans uses web beacons to access Site cookies inside and outside of our network of websites and in connection with Smile Health Dental Plans products and services.
Do Not Track
Confidentiality and Security
We limit access to the personal information about you within our company to employees who we believe reasonably need to come into contact with that information in order to provide products or services to you or in order to do their jobs. Any information collected bySmile Health Dental Plans is stored using security procedures and practices that we believe are appropriate to the nature of the information. However, no online storage or data transmission over the internet can be 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you transmit using our Site.
California Civil Code Section 1798.83, or the “Shine The Light” law, permits any of our users who are California residents to request and receive, once a year, a notice describing the categories of personal customer information we share with unaffiliated third parties for their direct marketing purposes. The notice will identify the categories of information shared, the third parties and affiliates with which it was shared, and their names and addresses. If you are a California resident and would like a copy of the notice that the law requires, please submit a written request to: firstname.lastname@example.org. In your request, please specify that you want a “California Privacy Rights Notice.” Please allow at least thirty days for a response.
Smile Health Dental Plans reserves the right to make changes to this policy from time to time. If we decide to make such changes, we will post a new version to the Site and update the date above and may also notify you by sending an email to the last email address you provided to us. Changes will not affect information we obtained prior to the change without your express consent.
Questions and Suggestions
Smile Health Dental Plans wants you to enjoy all of the savings discounts that are available to you as a user of our services. However, just as importantly, we want you to be assured that the information that you entrust to us stays private and confidential.
If you have any questions about our privacy practices, please contact us at email@example.com.
Thank you for coming to our Site. We care about your smile, your health and YOU. We look forward to working with you for your dental needs.